Monday, September 30, 2013

Seriously?! 11 months since my last post!

Cade and Claire are getting so big! It is so fun to watch them change and learn new things.  It amazes me how smart little kids are.  They remember things that I swear were only mentioned briefly or they had been laughing and dancing and appeared oblivious to what was going on, but then would know everything that had taken place.  They seriously amaze me!  Being twins, and therefore the same age, may have something to do with it, but they love so many of the same things! They both love:

-Puzzles!  They want to do them first thing in the morning and right before they go to bed.
-Cinderella and Monsters Inc are all time favorite movies for those two!  And yes They both love both those movies...they rub off on each other.
-Flip flops.  They both have a pair they always want to wear and so I would find myself hiding them when I didn't want them to wear them or they weren't going to match their outfit and as it is getting cold outside...I know, I'm mean and crazy!
-They are obsessed with killing flies!  "i see the bug!  Kill them!  Kill them!  Is frequently yelled over and over in our home!
-Potty treats!  They are doing really well at it, even though there are days I swore it was going to be the death of me, but we are surviving and living off sugar.  We do what it takes around here!  Claire tries to trick me with an empty potty, but swearing she has gone already and then when that doesn't work, she yells, "but I'm dry mommy! I'm dry! I need my potty treat!" (when we first started they would be praised for staying dry and get a treat.  That's no longer the case, but she will try anything for a treat!)
-They love for you to read books to them.
-They love their cousins, even though we never see them enough.
-Their stuffed doggy and stuffed bunny are part of the family, if you know what I mean!

These two also talk really well and are getting way too good at repeating what you say, which makes me very aware of what I'm saying. Things sound way different coming from a two year old's mouth!  They also have some really fun one liners and songs they sing.  I love their songs because they will start to put several songs together!  



So grateful for such amazing friends and that we got to have a girls weekend while everyone was nearby for the summer.  It was just like old times, and I mean that when I say it.  I felt like I was 17 again!  It isn't always easy to come by lifelong friends like these...so I'm thankful everyday.  Especially as we recently moved 45 minutes from Twin Falls and I am making friends all over again.
 We loved the Oregon Coast so much last year we took a trip out there over the 4th of July again this year.  The kids loved the beach.  It was a success!
 We got to spend some time this summer up at the Eichner Farm,  The kids loved riding in the Combine with Grandpa.  Cade went around stating, "Grandpa, combine?  Grandpa, combine?" for weeks.

Every day is such an adventure with these two.  I am so grateful for them and the joy they bring to our home.  They seriously know how to make me smile!  And let's be real, there are some discouraged frowns in there too, but those happy moments would never be quite as amazing without those frustrations!  I just love them so much!

1 comment:

Ashley Cichy said...

Yay for a post! haha I'm terrible at blogging too! They are so so cute! Wish we could see you guys, we miss you!!