Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thanksgiving Break

I was lucky enough to spend the week with my family in Boise while Nate had to stay behind and work. Our week was eventful, but by eventful I really mean baby busy.... it was not quite as easy to accomplish our to do list of activities this year.
We did manage a baking day and Cade and Claire were our little helpers.  They made sure we had plenty of breaks.  I got to have my very first massage, real massage (it had been a gift from Nate almost a year ago), and I got to go to lunch with some of my friends from high school.  I think the restaurant would have loved to have kicked us out after chatting for at least 2 hours, but it was so great to catch up.  We also made sure to take part in the Black Friday shopping.  Nate and I both scoped out a gift for each other and hit the stores.  We can say that we got what we went for but the real question is... was it worth it?
Our adventures began at 11:30 pm.  After my 3 hour nap I woke up rearing to go. we got in line for a half hour and got our intended purchases and were done about 1 or 1:30.  Now that was perfect, but foolishly we didn't stop there.  We thought we could handle more. So we browsed, ate at Sharis at 2:30 in the morning and then decided to stand in line for who knows what at Sports Authority for 2 hours for a silly gift card that we did get, but 2 hours!  We stood in line for 2 hours for no particular purchase except the mere experience of standing in line with a whole bunch of people doing the same crazy thing as we were. And all the while our children were sleeping at grandmas with their aunt Sarah.  Let's just say it was the day after, sleeplessly caring for the babies, that I was rethinking our decision for an all nighter!!!

 Cade hanging out with his cousin Hudson and Grandma.
 Grandma bought all the grandchildren matching turkey day outfits!
 We had such a good Thanksgiving with family, and I just love Boise, but it was good to be home.  We even got to put up our Christmas tree and decorations for family night.  I just love how cozy a Christmas tree makes our house feel.  I just never want to leave!

No comments: