Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tax Season Blues and Babies in Twos

So I have to say that tax season feels like it has been here for months already.  I just wish I could fast forward a couple months, but at the same time I would miss so much of the things I have to be grateful for.
The Blues are minimal...

  • Nate gone from 4:30 am to 6:30/7pm on a daily bases, including Saturdays with slightly shorter hours. (okay Nate wakes up at 4:30 and works more like 5/5:30, he corrected me! Guess it still feels the same)
  • Winter winds and just less than favorable weather.
  • Loneliness...the weather seems to lock us in the house and we need company and a change of scenery.
Babies in Twos...
  • They definitely keep me busy all day long...feedings, diapers, playing, reading, naps, toys, you name it, but it helps some days go by faster.
  • Learning and Growing. Everyday they smile and laugh and seem to be learning and doing new things. I wouldn't fast forward  minute of it, but I would wish daddy was here to witness it first hand.
  • Crawling, biting, pulling oneself onto things.
I found Claire just like this after walking into the kitchen to grab my breakfast...she just turned and smiled when I called her name!  They truly are so fun and such a blessing in our lives.  I have discovered how difficult parenting can be, but I'm learning one day at a time to look for the positive and be grateful. Now although that hasn't made it easy, it has helped me through the tough times and most especially a very loving husband who is extremely supportive and positive.  I love my family so much and couldn't think of a better way to spend Valentines Day than with them!  

Happy Valentines Day!

4 comments:

Johanna said...

I feel you my friend. Sometimes I try to tell myself to be happy I married an accountant and not an investment banker, but that only works for so long. Ps Cade and Claire are TOO cute.

Britt and Chad said...

Holy smokes, those are long hours, where does your husband work again? And I remember you saying he took the CPA exams. My husband's halfway through passing those so I feel your pain. Being a single mom is not fun but at the same time, the accounting field is a good place for them to be, there's always a need and they get paid pretty well.

Chelsey Robertson said...

Oh Jules, I totally know what its like to be husbandless and feel like a single mom. It stinks! I wish we could be hanging out together!

Nate and Julie said...

Hi, I found your blog by googling my blog out of curiosity. We thought it was funny that there is a julesandnate when we are julieandnate so we clicked on your blog and it turns out my husband knows you! He is from Boise as well. I guess it's a small blogging world after all!
-Nate and Julie Frederiksen