Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Baby Blessing

We have loved everything about these little babies and are so happy to have them in our lives.  And on 5 September 2011 we had the blessing of our beautiful Cade and Claire.  It is amazing to see how quickly our little ones have grown and how well they have been doing.  They are both close to 11 pounds which is well on the way to both of them doubling their weight!



We had a good little crowd of family and visitors with us for the blessing, but the weekend didn't start out quite like I had anticipated.  Thursday evening I found myself feeling achy and with the chills, not a fun or unfamiliar feeling since I've been breast feeding...and I thought I could tackle it like I had in the past.  I just needed to work out a clogged duct.  Wrong!  Not this time.  I was not feeling better.  So, Friday morning I called for help and Nate stayed home for a couple extra hours before work so I had help with the babies until my grandmalene could make it over.  She was my angel that day.  I was able to get up just long enough to pump and then back to bed I'd go.  Mastitis is probably the worst thing imaginable when it comes to babies!  Before they get here all you focus on is the joyful things of parenthood...this one does not make that list.  I finally had to get a prescription going, but even the prescription lacks what I would call fun... it's a 10 day script and you have to take it on an empty stomach, so, no food for an hour after you take it or no food for at least two hours before you take it...as though you don't have enough on your mind....  regardless... I was on my way to feeling bearable so I could then enjoy all the family and our special day with Cade and Claire.  It turned out to be such a special occasion and their daddy gave such beautiful blessings.  I am so grateful he holds the priesthood and is worthy to use it.  We all love daddy and how hard he works.  I just hope I can be the example our little ones need to be worthy and accepting of the blessings they were blessed with.

3 comments:

Sheena said...

Juliana! Congratulations on your beautiful babies. I've thought of you a lot since I found out you had them. My aunt had twins and it is incredible how time consuming just the feeding and diapering can be. They are so cute, you have an adorable little family.

Johanna said...

Awwww Jules!!! Feel better soon. And send kisses to those adorable babies. I wish I could have been there for the blessing!

Anonymous said...

They are SO cute you guys! And I hear ya on the mastitis, NOT fun! Hope you are back to 100% SOON!