Monday, May 21, 2012

Discoveries

New Discoveries:
-Rocks!  Playing outside has been our lifesaver. The kids are so happy when we are sitting outside playing on a blanket enjoying the outdoors...and so was I.  That was until they overcame their question over whether they wanted to crawl across grass, which didn't take long, and now they are all over and love to suck on rocks, try to eat them and drop them.  It might not be so bad, but I'm finding they are really good at taking off in different directions!-Biting, stealing toys, and fighting back!  Although this is currently mutual among them I have become surprised at Cade's sudden change and "toughness" as Nate would refer to it.  In the beginning, Claire was a bit of a bully and Cade just took it, but he is not afraid to stand up for himself anymore.  Just the other day Claire grabbed Cade's pants, held on, and crawled up his back like she was going for a ride as he was crawling away, but Cade was not okay with it and stopped, turned, and with both hands he swatted Claire. It was sort of amusing, but let's be honest, no one wants mean children!
-Dadada, Mamama!  Of course this is a favorite when your kids begin saying sounds and their first ones sound like mom and dad.  It just melts your heart.  I was especially touched when I left for a girls weekend and Nate said that Clair couldn't stop saying mamamama the whole time I was away!  Before that she had said it maybe once or twice. 
My New Discoveries:
How much I could love a Van!  Nate and I made the switch.  We bought a van and I have not regretted it once since we bought it.  I love it!  It is spacious, comfortable, and I never have to feel cramped or wonder where I might put my bags...diaper bag, purse, shopping, etc.  It reminds me of when my college roomies and I would brag about Boise and tell everyone it was the greatest place on earth because now you would think I was a car salesman.  I want to tell everyone to buy a van who has a child! -The amount of love you can have for your children! I am sure every mother feels this way, but it is so true. No matter how hard being a mother can feel some days, I wouldn't change it for the world!  I once heard someone state that we will learn more from our children than our own parents could ever teach us.  As much as I love my parents, I believe it's true.  I had to become a parent myself to understand certain things.  I learn and grow everyday by watching my precious children grow in their innocence and help me to understand the meaning of becoming like a child. We love them so much! -The importance of time management! There are so many things to do, want to do, and that I actually do....I have finally accepted a few things.  One being that as much as I would like to sleep in, I can't.  Generally I wake up when the babies do, but even that is not really sleeping in.  It's 6:30-7 a.m.  Therefore, I may as well wake up at 6 a.m. when my alarm goes off and start doing things to prepare myself for the day...hate it, but love it.  I feel so much better in the end!  Today was my first day giving in to my rotten alarm clock!  But by doing that I get to: blog, read scriptures, eat breakfast and shower before 10 a.m. and the list could go on!

Overall, I am so grateful for my family.  We are happy to see the sun shining and love having dad back! 

No comments: