Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Summer's Days

The last few months have been filled with so many fun adventures and day to day thrills! I just can't help but want to post a million pictures of my kids, but wouldn't I be the weird one if I wasn't totally obsessed, feeling like they are the cutest kids ever!?  Either way, they are seriously my pride and joy.

The summer started off with a bang and a birthday bash!  Nate may have been a bit concerned when he saw my plans for their birthday party, but you can never be too young to party and everyone needs a good excuse to throw one...so I did just that.  I finally pin pointed a Dr. Seuss theme with thing one and thing two running through my mind and the kids may have seemed little, but they played hard.  We had such a good time, and I loved watching their differences: Cade destroyed his cake, and Claire took her time and was a bit dainty for the wild child that she is.  They were easily satisfied once the first present was opened...they wouldn't have known any different.  Running around outside and following the big kids would have been just enough for those two!

We also took a trip to the Oregon Coast over the Fourth of July.  Cade and Claire loved the beach!  Sand, Ocean, outdoors, Carousel, Splash parks...we were in toddler heaven for those two, except for maybe the driving. 



 A surprise visit from Kelsie was a big treat!  Her twins are about 6 months older than Cade and Claire.  I got a sneak peak of what I have to look forward two. Just note the picture below...the car is a one person vehicle, but they were not about to wait their turn.  Sounds like my kids already!
 Cade and Claire were in bed, but they both made an appearance during the evening while Kelsie and her kids were here.
 Can't forget a day at Raft River!  It is always so fun to catch up with the girls, especially now that we are all over the country these days!

 running through the sprinklers was more of a hit than I would have imagined, but Claire actually ran through by herself...they just love being outside.


 Claire is Miss independent.  She is a determined child and if she can't do something, but wants to, she will figure it out!  She can climb the slide and loves to splash in the pool!  She had also figured out climbing up on the couch and getting down. She is trying to reach for doorknobs already and is a little copycat! The last picture is of Claire copying me when I was making faces at them and she is sticking out her tongue... I love it
 Cade is our little sneaky child.  He appears quiet and sweet, but he can be full of mischief!  He holds his own with his sister a bit more than I realized!  He also loves dogs!  He chases them and loves to pet them and his favorite sign has to be dog!
They are just so fun right now.  They are running around like crazy and are totally understanding what I tell them and respond so well.  They are slowly adding words to their vocabulary and are my sweet little angels that we love so much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are getting so big you guys! Miss you!